“These DIY Bath Bombs allow you to have a spa experience in your home anytime!”
Bath Bombs can be very expensive in the store so why buy them when you can make your own for so cheap?
You probably already have most of the ingredients at your home. Including a ton of essential oils, right? These bath bombs make the perfect gift for someone who is hard to shop for. Everyone loves a homemade gift and everyone loves a spa day. You can put these in cellophane gift bags and tie a pretty ribbon around the top with a cute tag. Make a few different batches so you have a variety to choose from then you can figure out which essential oils you like the best.
Let’s get started! Don’t forget to pin the infographic below so you can keep this recipe forever and share it with your friends.
DIY Bath Bombs made with Essential Oils
What you’ll need:
-1 cup of baking soda
-3/4 cup of citric acid
-3/4 cup of Epsom salts
-4 tablespoons of fractionated coconut oil
-Water in a spray bottle
-10-12 drops of essential oil of your choice
-3-4 drops food coloring of choice (optional)
-Bath bomb molds
1. Add Epsom salts, baking soda, and citric acid to a medium bowl and use a whisk or fork to blend well.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine coconut oil and the essential oil of your choice.
3. Add the coconut oil and essential oil mixture slowly to the dry ingredients using a spoon to mix as you go. Be sure to add the wet ingredients slowly so you don’t activate the “bomb” prematurely.
4. If the mixture seems too dry, use the spray bottle, one squirt at a time until the mixture lets you press it together and it doesn’t fall apart. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
5. Fill both sides of the mold and press together firmly. Be sure that both sides of the mold are closed. If they don’t close tightly, remove some of the mixture.
6. Remove bath bomb from the mold and leave it out overnight to dry on a clean, dry towel.
Makes 3-4 two-inch bath bombs.
Drop in a warm tub and enjoy!