Learn the dos and don’ts of essential oil use.
Essential Oils are made from different parts of plants. Airomé extracts our 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils by cold pressing or steam distilling the botanicals from which they are derived. Essential oils can be hugely beneficial if used the right way, so today we are sharing with you the DOs and DON’Ts of using essential oils.
- DO use essential oils to invoke feelings of calm and balance when you’re feeling off-center. Oils like Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, and Cedarwood have a simple, calming aroma.
- DO make sure that the essential oils you’re using are high quality. Airomé essential oils are 100% pure, therapeutic-grade, and adhere to our P.L.A.N.T. Promise.
- DO make sure your essential oils are fresh to enjoy the full range of benefits. Typically, oils have a shelf life of 18-24 months. Certain oils, like citrus oils, breakdown faster and have a reduced shelf life of about 12-18 months. Our bottles are made with amber glass which protects the oils from UV light. This prevents the oils from being damaged and extends the shelf life.
- DO check with your doctor before using essential oils.
- DO dilute essential oils with a carrier oil, like Airomé Fractionated Coconut Oil, before using them topically. Dilute Essential Oils before using them on your skin. We sell fractionated coconut oil to use as a carrier oil. See your oil box or label for specific dilution ratios.
- DO be age-conscious when using essential oils. Our Airomé Kids line is specially formulated to extra safe for children.
- DO discontinue use of essential oils if irritation occurs.
- DON’T use essential oils topically without diluting them with a carrier oil.
- DON’T use essential oils from a source you don’t trust. Many essential oil companies can use the right buzzwords, but not all oils are created equal. View our P.L.A.N.T. Promise to learn more about what to expect from high-quality essential oils.
- DON’T use kitchen oils like vegetable oil for diluting essential oils, as these can cause skin irritation. Carrier oils like Airomé Fractionated Coconut Oil can help to nourish the skin as well as dilute essential oils for topical use.
- DON’T use essential oils on damaged or irritated skin.
- DON’T store essential oils within reach or sight of children or pets.
- DON’T overdo it! Too much of even a good thing can be bad. Please read the dilution instructions on each oil label for dilution instructions.
- DON’T be afraid to use essential oils! They can be a beneficial addition to every part of your daily routine.
If you enjoy using essential oils topically, you should try Airomé’s Essential Oil Roll-Ons. They are pre-diluted with fractionated coconut oil to make topical use clean and easy.
Airomé CBD-Enhanced Essential Oil Roll-Ons blend CBD with the 100% pure essential oils and hemp seed oil for convenient topical use. These roll-ons are a clean, convenient way to promote natural wellness. Each 10 mL CBD Roll-On contains 150 mg of THC-free CBD.
Airomé Kids blends are expertly formulated to maximize aromatherapy benefits for children.